Trent Severn Antique & Classic Boat Association
Schedule of Events
Hi everyone, and welcome to the 2018 boating year. For returning members, you will find that we are offering an interesting calendar of events. Be sure to watch this page for full information prior to each event taking place.
For new members joining us this year, we would like to welcome you to TSACBA and encourage you to take part in the activities listed below. For those of you who don't have a boat, we always encourage you to contact the organizers to “hitch a ride” with other club members when boating is involved.
More information and details will be coming soon, as each of the events get closer and don’t forget participation in our events not only strengthens the club, but it also opens doors to many recreational and social activities. There is no better way to see old friends and meet new people than to take part in the TSACBA events. You may even find another boat to buy!
Following is the list of planned events for 2018. As each event approaches more information will be provided.
- Manotick Classic Boat Club Spring Tour, April 21 - More Information
- ACBS Toronto Chapter Spring Tour, April 28 - It's the official launch of the ACBS Toronto boating season and your chance to get up close and personal with many of the boats currently under restoration. Enjoy lunch at the Port Carling Community Centre, catch up with old friends, and make some new ones. Online registration is now open. Printed registration forms are included in the spring issue of Classicboat.
- Maple Leaf Antique Outboard Club Swap Meet at Whitby Baptist Church, April 28
- Maple Leaf Antique Outboard Club Spring Run off Wet Meet and Swap Meet, May 12
- TSACBA Spring Workshop at Wayne's World in Port Perry, May 26
- TSACBA Paddle To Power in Lakefield, June 2 - After an absence of a two years, Paddle to Power moves to Isabel Morris Park in Lakefield, 20 Concession Street, just behind the arena on Saturday June 2 and will again be a free event. Our previous Paddle to Power events have featured canoes, boats and outboards manufactured in the Peterborough area. The 2018 edition will feature a wide array of classic wood and fibreglass boats along with motors from all manufacturers. Past Paddle to Power events have been attended by thousands of visitors throughout the day. We present this edition as a great opportunity to showcase some of the rich marine heritage we possess within the Trent Severn Antique and Classic Boat Association and beyond. We are asking you to help us make this Paddle to Power a similar success by bringing your boat to display on land from about 9 a.m. in the morning until early afternoon. Boats should arrive between 7:30 a.m. and 8:30 a.m. and will be displayed on their trailers. There is plenty of parking for your vehicles. Please confirm your attendance along with the year make and model of your boat and motor by contacting . Thank you for helping your club make this a success.
- ACBS Toronto 38th Annual Summer Vintage Boat Show, Muskoka Wharf, Gravenhurst, Ontario, July 5-8 - This year’s show is something special! It only comes around every second year. That’s right, 2018 will be a judged show! For discerning boater owners now is the year to see how your boat scores and possibly take home the top honours! As part of ACBS Toronto’s judged show designation, we will be offering a land-based seminar on how boats are judged. It will be entertaining and informative for novices and experts alike. You can also have your kids take part in the Hagerty Judging by Youth Program.
Online registration is now open. Printed registration forms are included in the spring issue of Classicboat.
- Newcastle Castle Wooden Boat Festival, July 21
- TSACBA Buckhorn Run, July 28
- TSACBA display at Ontario Power Boat Racing Deseronto Boat Races, July 28-29
- TSACBA display at Gravenhurst Boat Races, August 11-12
- Manotick Classic Boat Club Boat Show in Westport, August 11
- TSACBA Chemong Run, August 18
- TSACBA Display at Ontario Power Boat Racing Boat Races in Peterborough, September 15-16
- Watch this web page for more inforamtion on proposed events.
Miss America X, a Gar Wood boat, will be part of this boat show. Read the article that ran in the Port Huron Times Herald on Tuesday September 30, 1932 about Gar Wood's record setting run.