Trent Severn Antique & Classic Boat Association
Schedule of Events
Hi everyone, and welcome to the 2018 boating year. For returning members, you will find that we are offering an interesting calendar of events. Be sure to watch this page for full information prior to each event taking place.
For new members joining us this year, we would like to welcome you to TSACBA and encourage you to take part in the activities listed below. For those of you who don't have a boat, we always encourage you to contact the organizers to “hitch a ride” with other club members when boating is involved.
More information and details will be coming soon, as each of the events get closer and don’t forget participation in our events not only strengthens the club, but it also opens doors to many recreational and social activities. There is no better way to see old friends and meet new people than to take part in the TSACBA events. You may even find another boat to buy!
Following is the list of planned events for 2018. As each event approaches more information will be provided.
- Maple Leaf Antique Outboard Club Spring Run off Wet Meet and Swap Meet, May 12
- TSACBA Spring Workshop at Wayne's World in Port Perry, May 26
Join us at Wayne's World, 17251 Island Road, Port Perry on May 26, 2018 at 9:30 a.m. Come on board for workshops, boat displays and a boat flea market. Following coffee and donuts at 9:30 am a fact-packed morning will begin at 10:00 am. Here is the line-up:
Murray Parnell will present a host of information on transom renewal, how to do it well incorporating many years of experience from Ronny’s Marine in Havelock, Ontario. He will show why this is a critical part of restoring an old boat.
The fine art of making marine surfaces gleam will be demonstrated by Ron Stevenson whose tips on polishing and buffing will bring a shine to your vessel.
John Gullick will bring us up to date on the latest in safety equipment.
Ken Kirk will review his new boats and displays at Kens Cove in the lower part of Wayne’s building.
Our host, Wayne Robinson and his crew have been working hard this year to update the collections and displays. His tour will feature all that’s new and unique in Wayne’s World. In Ronny Haylock’s passing the TSACBA lost an enthusiastic club member and passionate classic boat aficionado. To honour him and his contribution to our hobby there will be a display of pictures and memorabilia focusing on the many ways Ronny impacted the TSACBA and the industry.
Lunch will be will be available at 1:00 to 1:30 p.m. Again, this year Wayne and his cooking staff will be firing up their Tuscan Chef wood-fired pizza oven and will be turning out pallet-pleasing pizza for boat loving paisanos.
The rest of the afternoon will be structured informally to allow the participants time to take in the marine memorabilia and review the boats on display. The presenters will be available for one-on-one time and will be glad to answer any questions. On the lower level the annual Marine Flea Market will be in full swing with everything from antique motor parts to brass scuttles. As usual there will be the display of member boats. (We hope to have as many as 15-20 boats for your viewing pleasure.)
Registration: Please register in advance of the event so that the cooks can purchase the proper amount of food and supplies. Those who decide to forgo preregistering may be disappointed at lunch. Cosst is $15 per person. Register and mail cheque to: TSACBA, 306 Gifford Drive, Ennismore ON K0L 1T0 or
Register in advance and pay at the door (guarantees your slice of the pie) be emailing
To secure a place at the flea market email
- TSACBA Paddle To Power in Lakefield, June 2 - After an absence of a two years, Paddle to Power moves to Isabel Morris Park in Lakefield, 20 Concession Street, just behind the arena on Saturday June 2 and will again be a free event. Our previous Paddle to Power events have featured canoes, boats and outboards manufactured in the Peterborough area. The 2018 edition will feature a wide array of classic wood and fibreglass boats along with motors from all manufacturers. Past Paddle to Power events have been attended by thousands of visitors throughout the day. We present this edition as a great opportunity to showcase some of the rich marine heritage we possess within the Trent Severn Antique and Classic Boat Association and beyond. We are asking you to help us make this Paddle to Power a similar success by bringing your boat to display on land from about 9 a.m. in the morning until early afternoon. Boats should arrive between 7:30 a.m. and 8:30 a.m. and will be displayed on their trailers. There is plenty of parking for your vehicles. Please confirm your attendance along with the year make and model of your boat and motor by contacting . Thank you for helping your club make this a success.
- Ronny Haylock Tribute Celebration will be held on June 30, 2018 at Ronny's Place on the Trent between the Hastings lock and Healey Falls. Launch your boat at 10:30 a.m. at various boat launches. Proceed to Ronny's Place...seven docks provided and anchored marker buoys for tying up your boat. Lunch is a potluck so bring a main dish, salad, or water. Take your food to the food tables on the lawn for lunch at 12 noon. Please bring your own lawn chairs. The Tribute will be a procession of boats that will line up in single file at 1:45 p.m. followed by the boats idling past Ronny's place beginning at 2 p.m. For those who wish to give Ronny a farewell rooster tail, hammer it once you are under the bridge (Trent Severn speed zone in effect). Please note that all boats are requird to have mandatory safety equipment and all boat owners must have their PCOC. It is likely the OPP will have marine units checking for alcohol , insurance, as well as equipment and owner certification. BONUS: Guinness Book of Records may be on site to record the longest procession of boats. Wear your biggest smile for Ronny! Hope to see you all there!
- ACBS Toronto 38th Annual Summer Vintage Boat Show, Muskoka Wharf, Gravenhurst, Ontario, July 5-8 - This year’s show is something special! It only comes around every second year. That’s right, 2018 will be a judged show! For discerning boater owners now is the year to see how your boat scores and possibly take home the top honours! As part of ACBS Toronto’s judged show designation, we will be offering a land-based seminar on how boats are judged. It will be entertaining and informative for novices and experts alike. You can also have your kids take part in the Hagerty Judging by Youth Program.
Online registration is now open. Printed registration forms are included in the spring issue of Classicboat.
- Newcastle Castle Wooden Boat Festival, July 21
- TSACBA Buckhorn Run, July 28
- TSACBA display at Ontario Power Boat Racing Deseronto Boat Races, July 28-29
- TSACBA display at Gravenhurst Boat Races, August 11-12
- Manotick Classic Boat Club Boat Show in Westport, August 11
- TSACBA Chemong Run, August 18
- TSACBA Display at Ontario Power Boat Racing Boat Races in Peterborough, September 15-16
- Watch this web page for more inforamtion on proposed events.
Miss America X, a Gar Wood boat, will be part of this boat show. Read the article that ran in the Port Huron Times Herald on Tuesday September 30, 1932 about Gar Wood's record setting run.