To the best of the present owners' knowledge, this boat was built in 1939 - 1940, with the motor being built in 1937, according to Pal Marine in Orillia.
Fred Stubbs was believed to be the first owner, and brought the boat to Stoney Lake's "Tarbox" Island in the late 60's/ early 70's. The Hauths bought the island in the late 70's, and although acquired the boat with the purchase of the island, they did not use it. The Beattys bought the Seabird in 1981 with her seized engine, and rough hull. Ed Skinner, Duke Marine in Port Carling, and Pal Engines of Orillia both contributed to the restoration in the early eighties, and it has been used on Stoney Lake each summer since. Unfortunately, Fred Stubbs has passed on, and his children could not help with any earlier details.
This Seabird received a 'sprucing' up, with new varnish, a new floor, and newly plated chrome and rub rails, done by John Hendren, early summer of 2003.
New varnish job - July 2003
At the Association's Rendezvous - Stony Lake August 2003, below left, and at the 2004 Boat Show - July 2004, below right.